Friday, June 25, 2010

Kayak no 35

Then it was finally time for a first test paddle. Brilliant afternoon sun and plenty of time, it could not be better. Once I got down to the beach the wind blows a little bit, but not more than I dare to get out. I manage to fall off at the first attempt but no water had time to get in the kayak.






Here I have shot my self-designed footrest. These worked really well except that I overestimated my height. I will shorten the straps and move the base plate closer to the cockpit, otherwise there is no way to adjust.













This was all the water that came into the kayak. Most from my wet shorts, and from the paddle (Have not had time to sew a skirt yet)
No leaks in the hull!

Should add that it felt pretty unstable, I think that I´m too easy. May take more packing next time.
















After an hour I had tested clear. Why did chafing from the edges of the cockpit and over the edge.
So when I got home I took a piece of thick mats like matrial which I had lying and fastened with two thongs, see if it does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment