Monday, April 13, 2009

Bilge Pump no 1


I have made me a bilge pump to the kayak. I surf around a bit online and found four websites: Homemade PVC Bilge Pump, Building hand Bilge pumps, Orust Kayak and AndersJ. Then it was time to go out in the storage and locate parts, an old bicycle tube, I got over last week when I did spring maintenance of my bike, a trap that I bought on sale for a long time ago, a ski pole that the kids never had time to use, a little plastic pieces and screws I had lying . And so not to be forgotten epoxy.

The small picture in the top:

top image: the suction
lower picture: close up of the flask








The almost complete bilge pump.

What is missing is a rubber seal up under the handle and I am waiting to cut the outlet tube until I tried it in the kayak. Then I wonder what color it should have, maybe red for I have a can of red paint in the cupboard and it would fit well with a yellow floating ring. Saw a cheap yellow sleeping pad in one of lowprice markets that would fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment