Monday, April 13, 2009

Kayak no 11


Now it has happened a little with my kayak.
I have shaped the bow, feel that the form was successful. Sanding will take place later.








Finally!
My kayak is of from the strongback. A major step in the project. Now it's just the two stringers who sit closest to the keel left. I will have to join them when I do not have the energy to go and buy more full length timber again.
















What I have been afraid for some time now it´s a fact, the keel is bent! Just before section 1 (see picture). I will of course not (more likely) blame on something other than pure carelessness and laziness. It is strange that the tip of the rail at the bow is in line with the rest of the keel.














The solution:
On the front of the seam plate I will take out a piece and glue a leftover piece from a stringer. I am thinking that if I first also broadens and shifts slightly it will be straight. Will also try to make a similar settlement with the front part of the keel.

No comments:

Post a Comment